2011. február 22., kedd

Patients seeking new youth try 'vampire facelift'


AUSTIN — Christina Ceridwen, 40, doesn't want to look forever young... but a little more youthful would be nice.
"I'm not as young as I used to be," she said with a laugh.
Ceridwen is among those coming from across the region to an Austin clinic for a new cosmetic procedure dubbed the "vampire facelift" because it uses a patient's own blood.
"I like the idea of injecting my own blood back into me rather than a foreign substance," Ceridwen said.  "I'm hoping it'll just give me a little more confidence in myself when I go back out there into the dating world."
During the procedure, a tube of blood is taken from the patient, then spun in a centrifuge to separate platelet-rich plasma, or PRP.
"The theory is, by getting these platelets and re-injecting them into the skin, we get a cascade of reactions that release growth-factors," explained Dr. Michael Escobedo, who is among the few physicians in the country trying out the vampire facelift for facial rejuvenation.
Unlike a real facelift, this treatment requires no surgery.

Read more HERE.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése